Prism Systems was hired by a food product manufacturing plant to convert an old Modicon System to Allen-Bradley ContolLogix. This particular system was responsible for packing line controls. The existing Modicon System was installed about 20 years ago. As with any old system left in place for a long time, the parts were becoming more scarce and expensive to source. The scarcity of the parts potentially meant that in case of a failure, repairs were cheap if parts were found or the system could be down for a long time due to unavailability of the parts.
- Upgraded Operator Interface provided more specific fault notifications
- Streamlined code provided along with easy trouble shooting for maintenance
- Adding/Removing equipment was made simple using Modular programming with virtually no programming support
- Hardware readily available when needed
- Allen-Bradley ControlLogix 5000
- Wonderware 10.0
- OLDI SAM (Special Application Module)
- ProSoft ModBusPlus
Prism Systems started this project by working closely with the customer to develop a concept of control of an attraction to maximize functionality with complete safety systems for guests and operators. Rockwell GuardLogix with Point I/O provided the complete solution in developing the architecture for this attraction. Along with EthernetI/P utilizing produced/consumed tags on the safety layer, Prism Systems was able to provide a robust system to meet the client's expectations and specifications. In providing a complete system, Prism Systems also provided complete project management using Agile Project Management along with Earned Value Analysis to detail system progress and provide exceptional value to the client.