The Gulf Coast Technology Council is a Chamber-led scholarship that is awarded to local students to help them achieve college degrees’ in the local technology field. Since the scholarship was created in 2007, the GCTC has awarded 56 local students over $58,500. Providing these students scholarships, many times, leads to internships which is an integral part of the process of holding on to as much of the high-skilled talent as possible.
This December, nine students were awarded scholarships. This helps towards the GCTC goal of growing the highly skilled workforce in the Mobile area and keep local talent in Mobile after college.
Meet the 10th Annual Scholarship
- Kyle Moran, University of Mobile
- Abby Castillo, University of South Alabama
- Brittany Eccles, University of South Alabama
- Melissa Ellison, University of South Alabama
- Amber Parker, University of South Alabama
- Chad M. Austin, University of South Alabama
- LaKinda Davis, Remington College
- Kristopher Collins, Remington College
- Tonya Stevens, Remington College
The Gulf Coast Technology Council is helping transform the region by fostering the long-term growth and innovation of the technology sector in Mobile and the Central Gulf Coast. GCTC promotes the Gulf Coast region as an advanced technology hub that provides solutions for innovation in all industries and is a leader in the creation of technology-based industries, applications, and a skilled workforce. The GCTC is a program of the Mobile Area Chamber of Commerce Economic Development Department.
As proud members of the Chamber and as a Level Two sponsor for the GCTC Scholarship, Prism Systems, Inc. congratulates this year’s winners and looks forwarded to working in our community together.
For more information visit: Gulf Coast Technology Council